Eagle River - Beach Lake Chalet
Welcome to Trailside Discovery Camp’s Eagle River Program! Based out of Beach Lake Chalet, campers will have access to local trails, parks, and the Chugiak high School pool. We are excited to bring you six weeks of environmental education programs and high adventure activities for campers ages 4-14 in the beautiful Eagle River/Chugiak area.
Session prices start from $320 per week, one time non-refundable registration fee $60. Pre care (7:30am-9am) & after care (4pm-5:30pm) included (4 day holiday weeks at pro rated amount)
Check in runs from 7:30am to 9:00am and pick up is 3:45 to 5:30pm. Extended hours available.
Beach Lake Chalet, 17611 S Birchwood Loop Rd, Chugiak, AK 99567
Check out our program descriptions below and find the sessions that’s best for your campers:
Registration Opens March 11, 2021 Camp runs: June 14 – August 6
Our Space: Trailside Discovery Camp’s Eagle River Program will be operating out of Beach Lake Chalet. This indoor space will be used to store camper gear, a staff office area, bathroom facilities, and indoor space for lunch and art projects when needed. The majority of the day will be spent outside so please come prepared for the Alaskan outdoors.
Drop Off: Drop off will run between 7:30am and 9:00am to accommodate parent schedules. During drop off please stay in your car, and the instructors will conduct a brief health screening in a drive through model. We will take your camper’s temperature through the window, and ask a few questions to ensure everyone is healthy. Once you pass the health screening your camper is free to get out of the car and join us! A staff member will walk them to their check-in area.
Pick-Up: Pick up will run from 3:45pm to 5:30pm. Extended pick up until 6pm is available. Staff members will check in with parents before walking their camper to your vehicle. Please be prepared to show your ID to staff during pick-up. If a camper is going home with a friend or other family Trailside must be notified prior to that day.
Activity Details: Please see our online brochure for an overview of your program’s activities. Detailed Week at a Glances will be emailed prior to the start of the session. Our days include outdoor recreation skills, environmental education lessons, art and creative activities, and social games. All field trips will be within walking/biking distance. At this time we will not be using any vans/buses to transport campers. TDC will provide life jackets and kayaks for boating days, and bikes will be available upon request for campers.
Swimming Information: Campers will have the opportunity to visit the Chugiak High School Pool each week for water safety lessons, swimming, and water play. All swim sessions will be run by pool staff with lifeguard supervision. Mandatory swim tests for the deep end, life jackets, and kickboards are all available to ensure a safe pool experience for all ages.
General Packing List: (Please label all items)
- Nutritious lunch, extra snack, and water bottle
- Walking Shoes (no flip flops)
- Sunscreen, Bug spray, and Hand Sanitizer
- Rain Gear and Warm Layers Please check the weather forecast prior to camp, we will be outdoors rain or shine and campers must be prepared.
- Daypack, please pack lightly as campers will be responsible for carrying their own packs
- Mask wearing for campers is optional when outside (informed by parental preference) unless in proximity to members of the public or during other times where staff feel masks are necessary.
- Masks are required for all campers & staff when inside buildings.
- Mask wearing for fully vaccinated staff is optional when outside (Trailside has copies of all vaccinated staff COVID-19 vaccination records). Staff who are not vaccinated will wear masks at all times.